Wednesday, January 29, 2014

J&J's Wedding

I took a grand total of two weeks "off" after my second baby was born...I suppose I should post some pictures!  Maybe next post.  Anyway, this wedding was the first session I did after he was born.  I have to say, it was a little difficult to want to leave my nice warm house and my sweet snuggly baby for a grand total of 11 hours, but this couple made it worth it.  I have a special place in my heart for them.  Jeff contacted me and told me he wanted to propose to his girlfriend and wanted me to photograph the proposal.  It was such an awesome thing to get to witness.  Then I got to have more fun with them during their engagement session not to mention our contact throughout the planning process.  They are such a great couple and I enjoyed getting to see their love for each other, not to mention the many ways they compliment each other.














My preference as a photographer is to have the couple see each other before the wedding, so we have more time to get some nice shots of the two of them.  This allows time for those pictures without running into the reception, and I know that after the ceremony is over, all anyone really wants to do is go to the reception and have fun!  After this wedding, I began to think that it is preferable for another reason.  When this couple got to see each other for the first time, he was able to really take in his beautiful bride in a much more intimate way.  Granted, I was there, but at least it wasn't a whole crowd of people, and he could actually tell her how beautiful she looked instead of biting his tongue through the ceremony.  Okay, I'll get off my soapbox now.































No comments: